Snickers Stuffed Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie
Snickers Stuffed Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie. Made in a skillet, this cookie is thick, gooey, and has that great sweet/salty combo! Top it with cookie dough ice cream to take this dessert over the top!
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted*
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 and ½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 king size Snickers bars, cut into chunks (I cut each Snickers into about 8 pieces)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a cast iron skillet (8 in).
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Melt cold butter in microwave for 30-40 seconds. The butter will not be completely melted, but the warmth of the bowl will continue to melt it. Whisk until the butter is fully melted.
- Once the butter is melted, using a stand mixer, beat together butter and both sugars until fully incorporated and fluffy.
- On low, mix in the egg and vanilla for about 15 seconds.
- Dump the dry ingredients into the bowl and mix until fully incorporated.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Dump out the dough and shape into a ball. Divide the dough in half.
- Take one half and press it evenly onto the bottom of the cast iron skillet.
- Top with chopped snickers.
- Take the other half and flatten it into a disk.
- Place the disk on top of the snickers and spread out evenly. The snickers should be fully covered and the cookie dough should reach to all sides of the skillet.
- Place the skillet in the preheated oven and bake for 15 – 30 minutes. Mine was perfectly gooey after 20 minutes, but if you like a more well done cookie, bake for longer.
- Let cool for about an hour before slicing and serving!